Fourth joint announcement by the Science and Technology Development Fund (STDF) of the Arab Republic of Egypt and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) of the Federal Republic of Germany of regulations governing the funding of joint innovative projects in the field of applied research through the “German-Egyptian Research Fund” (GERF)
Objects of Funding
Currently, the GERF can provide grants up to €200.000 for each joint project (German and Egyptian side up to €100.000 each). The maximum duration of a project is 24 months.
Applicants are particularly encouraged to submit proposals in the following fields:
- Food Production and Food Safety
- Management of Water Resources
- Renewable Energy
- Environmental Research
- Material Sciences and Nanotechnology: Risk Assessment and Impact on man and Environment
- Robotics and Mechatronics
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Transportation and Urban Planning
The announcement is open to researchers of all disciplines. Emphasis is given to joint projects including an interdisciplinary dimension and studying also the economic and social dimension of the aforementioned fields.
Special emphasis is put on cooperation between different partners in the area of R&D, their scientific qualifications, and the participation of industry partners. For this reason, project consortia should, if possible, include universities, public authorities, R&D institutions and companies in charge of the commercial application of applied research results.
Submission of Proposals
· On the Egyptian side, registration on the STDF website (http://www.stdf.org.eg/) is first required. All Project Proposals and relevant documents should then be uploaded by 08 April 2015 at the latest. Hard copies will be required for proposals approved for funding by the joint evaluation process.
· On the German side, in the first stage, draft proposals are to be submitted in English by 08 April 2015 at the latest, using the electronic system PT-Outline (http://www.pt-it.de/ptoutline/application/EGYGERF2014). A legally binding and signed version of the draft proposal is also to be sent to the International Bureau.
· For further information please refer to the offical GERF call you find attached to this email.
· For further inquiries please contact Ms. Petra Bogenschneider: GERF@daadcairo.org
for more details, you can download the file
Latest Research Project
An international workshop entitled - ethical discipline to take care of the use of animals in education and scientific research for 2016 -