AMIDEAST Cairo is pleased to announce the OSF/ Global Faculty Grants Program (GFGP) for university professors and PhDs holders to conduct their researches in a reputable academic institutions.
These awards are offered to academics in Egypt. The Program does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or disability, and is offered to well-established scholars with the following profile*:
- Holding a doctorate (PhD) or its equivalent;
- Occupying a full-time position at a university with regular teaching responsibilities;
- Demonstrating language ability sufficient for the desired university placement;
- Having an established record of academic achievements, including publications in area of specialization within the social sciences and humanities;
- Able to propose a persuasive and well-planned research project to be completed during the fellowship; and,
- Be able to secure an invitation letter from hosting university scholar.
*Employees of the Open Society Foundations and employees of local administering organizations (and their immediate family members), who are directly involved in the administration of scholarships are not eligible; nor are individuals receiving other Open Society Foundations--funded fellowship support.
Research/Publication fellowships last up to 5 months and are renewable once, after the grantee has spent at least one (1) year back in the home country. The fellowship provides:
- Monthly stipend for room, board, and other living expenses;
- Reimbursement for visa-related expenses;
- Program-related travel;
- Accident and sickness insurance during the program;
The fellowship does NOT provide funding for dependent family members or administrative fees for the hosting institution.
The expected outcome of the fellowship is significant progress made toward the submission of an article to an international peer-reviewed journal. Fellows are also expected to present a public lecture to their host department as well as the home university community.
Fellows will be required to submit a final narrative report, describing the progress made on their research project and outlining further steps required to bring the project to completion and publication. This report will be included in any renewal applications.
Latest Research Project
An international workshop entitled - ethical discipline to take care of the use of animals in education and scientific research for 2016 -