Cairo University announces international award in mathematics and its applications in the name of Prof. Dr. Atteya Abdel-Salam Ashour. The award is to commemorate the late genius mathematician Atteya Abdel-Salam Ashour (1924 – 2017) and encourage distinctive scientific research in mathematics and its applications as it is one of the main pillars for scientific progress.
The award is donated annually in research for the applicant production in the last five years.
The applicant should be one of the academic authority members in one of the universities or scientific research centers in the Arab Republic of Egypt or one of Arab or African countries.
The applicant should have a distinctive research achievement in one of mathematics fields and applications as required by Mathematics Subject Classification and recent research papers published in the last five years should prove this.
The applicant should fill in application form on Cairo University website for the award attached with:
1. Five research papers chosen by the applicant from published distinctive papers in the last five years for award referee that should be submitted as a printout version of each one.
2. Authorized certificate from workplace proves that applicant currently works at one of the universities or research centers in the Arab Republic of Egypt or Arab or African states.
3. The resume of applicant should show the main data and scientific degrees he or she has (the degree donation year – the degree donating institution), the jobs he or she occupied (the job name – the work institution – the dates of the work period) and the applicant h-index.
4. Research papers list of the applicant that shows:
a. Impact factor of the periodical according to Thomson (ISI).
b. Citation index of the article according to Scopus
c. International Standard Serial Number (ISSN)
d. Research paper ranking according to Mathematics Subject Classification
5. A list of scientific international associations and authorities where applicant participate. The applicant should show the roles they play in the administration or the leadership of each authority documenting them by a letter from association or authority.
6. List of awards and honors that applicant has.
7. List of scientific periodicals that applicant participate in its editorial board.
The award includes:
The award donation certificate
Silver medals designed especially for him or her
Monetary award of EGP 100, 000
Guide standards of choosing among the award applicants:
Relative weights of different elements are placed as follows:
60% for the five chosen research papers
10% for the total publications list
10% for the theses that he or she supervised
5% for the international conferences and workshops
5% for research projects
5% for the editorial board membership and scientific periodicals
5% for activities in scientific associations and authorities
Cairo University Celebrates Forty Fifth Anniversary of October Victory
Cairo University President Meets Vice-President of Renmin University of China to Discuss Means of Cooperation of Belt and Road Initiative with Ain Shams University President Attending
Open Dialog by Minister of Islamic Endowments and Cairo University President with Students about Deconstructing Extremist Ideologies
Cairo University Organizes International Forum for Cultural Heritage entitled Popular Literature and Interdisciplinary Studies in Participation with Researchers from 9 States
Cairo University Celebrates Forty Fifth Anniversary of October War Victory and Hosts Former Reconnaissance President and Honors some Graduates Participated in October Victory